Activities In Ceres | Book Accommodation
Activities To Do In Ceres That Will Make You Want to Book Your Ceres Holiday Accommodation
Ceres Ziplines, proudly inaugurated in November 2010, holds the distinction of being the first zipline operation in the Western Cape, and it proudly claims to offer the premier zipline tour in all of Africa. Nestled in the picturesque Schurweberg Mountains beneath the...
The Matroosberg 4x4 Trail stands out not only for its challenging off-road segments but also for its unique seasonal offerings. During the winter months, the trail transforms into a snowy landscape, creating a winter wonderland for participants. This adds an extra...
Hiking in the Matroosberg Nature Reserve The Matroosberg Nature Reserve, located 35 km east of Ceres, offers an invigorating hiking experience with its scenic Matroosberg Hiking Trail. This trail spans approximately 13 km along the 4x4/mountain safari route, leading...
Horse About Trails and Adventures, nestled in the picturesque Witzenberg Valley in the Western Cape, provides an enchanting equestrian experience with its magnificent horse trails. Conveniently located just over an hour from Cape Town and situated between the towns of...
Ceres, situated in the Western Cape of South Africa, is a picturesque town surrounded by fertile valleys, orchards, and majestic mountains. Known for its natural beauty and a range of outdoor activities, Ceres offers a delightful escape for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike.
- Matroosberg, the highest peak in the Western Cape, is part of the Matroosberg Nature Reserve. It attracts visitors throughout the year. In winter, it becomes a snow-covered wonderland, perfect for snow activities such as skiing and snowboarding. During the warmer months, the reserve offers hiking and 4×4 trails, providing stunning panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
Ceres Zip Slide Tours:
- For an exhilarating adventure, the Ceres Zip Slide Tours offer a unique way to experience the scenic beauty of the area. Soaring across the rugged mountains and valleys, participants can enjoy an adrenaline-pumping journey while taking in breathtaking views.
Ceres Fruit Orchards:
- Ceres is renowned for its fruit orchards, particularly its juicy and flavorful apples and pears. Visitors can explore the orchards, especially during the fruit-picking season, and learn about the cultivation processes. Some farms offer guided tours, showcasing the orchard operations and providing tastings of fresh, locally grown fruits.
Ceres Golf Club:
- The Ceres Golf Club welcomes golf enthusiasts to enjoy a round of golf surrounded by the stunning mountainous scenery. The well-maintained course provides a relaxing and enjoyable experience for both beginners and seasoned golfers.
- The Warmbaths, natural hot mineral springs, are a popular relaxation spot in Ceres. Visitors can unwind in the warm, therapeutic waters, surrounded by the tranquil beauty of the countryside. The Warmbaths provide a serene escape and are believed to have therapeutic benefits.
Boskop Dam Nature Reserve:
- This nature reserve offers a peaceful retreat with opportunities for birdwatching, fishing, and picnicking. The dam is surrounded by natural beauty, providing a serene environment for nature enthusiasts.
Ceres, with its diverse attractions, appeals to those seeking outdoor adventures, nature experiences, and a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Whether exploring the snow-covered peaks of Matroosberg, ziplining through scenic valleys, or simply enjoying the fruits of the orchards, Ceres offers a delightful blend of adventure and natural charm.
Popular Holiday Accommodation Destinations
Port Elizabeth has coastal and mountain scenery, and is famous for beautiful beaches.
The second most populated city in the country, Cape Town is called ‘home’ to nearly 4 million people.
The Golden Mile along the Durban beachfront is lined with multi-story hotels, restaurants, pubs and clubs.
The permanently pleasant climate and warm sea are perfect all year for a relaxing holiday, especially with children
Ballito is away from crowds, for people wanting a restful time surrounded by nature and the sound of waves.
Weekend Accommodation Getaways
A charming small holiday Resort town grew up around the dam, little villages developed along the banks
Langebaan offers bird watching for all the bird enthusiasts to enjoy all around the shores of the lagoon.
Said to be the birthplace of mankind, the Magaliesberg region was proclaimed a World Heritage Site in 1999
South Africa’s fly-fishing capital with the area offering excellent still water and river fishing
The coastal town offers a wide range of activities for couples, friends and families to enjoy
Main City Accommodation
Johannesburg has several names, such as Joburg, Jozi, Jo’burg, Joeys or eGoli – City of Gold in Zulu
Port Elizabeth / Gqeberha
The Sunshine Coast starts here and stretches 300 kms along the eastern seaboard of South Africa
Bloemfontein is South Africa’s judicial capital and the capital of the Free State Province.
Pretoria / Tshwane
Known as Jacaranda City for good reason; the city streets are lined with thousands of jacaranda trees
A must for every first time visitor is a trip up Table Mountain, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world.